Tuesday, October 3, 2017

OctPoWriMo Day 3: Going off prompt





Today, I am writing to my own prompt; something which came to me yesterday after hearing so much sad news... not only the news out of Las Vegas but sad news about influential musician Tom Petty and then, heartbreaking news of the death of the mother of long-time, online friends.

It took me back in my mind to the death of my father after a long illness culminating in eleven days in hospice, which seemed eternal. He finally passed away on October 27th, 2015 and we miss him so much. I remember how he used to sing when I was a child, he had the most beautiful voice.

So it's for everyone missing someone that today's poem is dedicated... to everyone missing a voice in their lives that is irreplaceable that I write to this prompt:

Where music rang
silence reigns
yet we will sing again
(...someday)

The poem is simply called...

Someday, by February Grace

Someday we'll sing again
in such sweet harmonies
they'll bring us to our knees
just like a prayer

and we'll hold hands again
we won't remember when
we ever had to part
and we'll get a new start

I hardly could believe it
the news yesterday
the words, they just took my breath
-nothing I could say

Today I am thinking
of the ones left alive
the ones who'll remember
stuck looking behind

All we can offer
is love, love, love,
to smother the sorrow as
we look up above
and whisper

Someday we'll sing again
in such sweet harmonies
they'll bring us to our knees
just like a prayer

and I'll hold you again
but each day until then
we won't be far apart
you'll live here in my heart

10/03/17

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will appear on the blog once reviewed.