Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Day 10 OctPoWriMo: Power Struggle



Today's prompts were all variations on the theme of "Power and Control", and my own personal take on this is "Power Struggle"; more on my own personal battles with Bipolar Disorder 1 and how hard it is to manage it.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


Ship In A Bottle

The battle for control
is not about strength
thoughts, feelings, and mood
are not about attitude

I have a disease
that’s not easy to say
but it’s always been true
long before I knew

my mind sometimes lost
to the struggle to live
between sunlight and stars
my heart bears the scars

adding meds to the mix
of a chemical brew
to feed my thirsty brain
in all the truth remains

that struggle is life
I’m a ship in a bottle of pills
fighting hour upon hour
to control my own power

~*~ ~*~ ~*~   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will appear on the blog once reviewed.